Friday, June 10, 2011

A Fresh Start

As I sit here with fingers on keys the first big question is do I try and fill the gap between August 2008 and Jun 2011? The big decision . . . why bother. I have decided to make this a place to catalog some of the things I have made over the years and to ponder new endeavors. The second question is where should I start? While it is not one of my most recent projects I think it deserves the honor of being the first of what I hope is many and it was created in the gap perviously mentioned.

So I give you the Beer hat. My dear friend Jamie invited me to a party she hosts every spring and the one requirement was to make and wear a hat. Some 30 odd beers later (my wonderful husbands contribution) I came up with this beauty. It is made entirely of aluminum beer cans. The inside of the brim is lined with red felt and red and blue ribbon trim give it a little charm.

In the pondering category I am working on two projects I have started beading again and am working on framing some of the very lovely lampwork beads my daughter and sister have given to me. Pictures to follow. I am also sewing I have decided to make some things and see if Etsy and I can make a little extra spending money.

No comments: