Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breakfast anyone?

I never was a big breakfast eater. a quick piece of toast and a cup of tea as I ran out the door for work. Even now it is not my favorite meal but I feel it need a more balanced diet now that I am on the mend.

Everything I do is quite a task and for simplicity sake when I have to fend for myself I have taken to cooking and then eating right in front of the range. The other morning I was sitting there thinking how boring breakfast can be and remembered something Mrs. Fox used to do for Maverick.. Maverick in many ways is like her mother you see we both need a push from time to time. Mrs. Fox often kindly provides said push. In this case I am not sure where she got the idea, but what she did was make something she called, “sunny side ups”. She took a slice of bread and cut out the center with a small glass buttered the edges and the cut out put both in a frying pan and fried an egg in the hole. What you get is a cross between French toast and fried egg and toast. I googled it and actually found a recipe at cooks.com http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,185,149160-242198,00.html the name is a little different but there it was. So this morning instead of boring bacon and eggs I made myself a sunny side up. It’s amazing how packaging can change your whole outlook.

No comments: